As an Excavator Operator for RH Price, you’ll report daily to the Site Supervisor. A typical workweek is Monday through Friday, averaging 40 – 45 hours in the winter and 45 – 50 hours the rest of the year. Weekend work may be required occasionally but is not the norm.
The Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe operation of construction equipment, excavating trenches, installing shoring equipment in excavations, and performing other tasks relating to underground water and wastewater pipe installations. In addition to excavation responsibilities, the Operator will perform routine maintenance, repair, and safety inspections.
You’ll work alongside a dedicated and experienced team in a cooperative, collaborative environment as part of a company that appreciates a job well done and giving your best effort. We’re also a family-owned business, which means we treat our employees the way we ourselves like to be treated – with respect and with opportunities to advance as you grow alongside us.
The following represents a sample of various job responsibilities performed at the Excavator Operator position.
- Safely operate various equipment such as excavator, loader, skid steers, dozer, etc.
- Always maintain 3 points of contact on all pieces of equipment.
- Excavate safely per OSHA standards.
- Excavate in close proximity to existing utilities, working with other employees to carefully expose the utilities and protect from damage.
- Perform daily cleaning, maintenance, and safety checks of equipment. Notify if repairs are needed.
- Coordinate with employees in and around the excavation to install pipe properly.
- Responsible for properly installing shoring equipment and carefully installing pipe.
- Operate equipment on or along public roadways, maintaining proper awareness.
- Ensure proper rigging of pipe, shoring equipment, precast structures, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of equipment and materials into the excavation.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Respond to signals and directions by other employees and coordinate with them.
- Report any safety violation, incident, or injury to the Site Supervisor.
- When not operating heavy equipment, must perform additional duties including labor to support production with the team.
- Positive attitude, respectful, honest, clean appearance
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Valid Driver’s License
- Drug Free
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 3 years’ experience operating heavy equipment
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Must have physical strength and endurance
- Ability to lift heavy materials
- Comfort working in a high-stress environment
- High level of self-motivation and strong work ethic
- Must be flexible, dependable, and effectively communicate with a team
What you will learn
As a part of working with the RH Price team (* optional)
- General knowledge of all work performed by RH Price
- Further your knowledge of pipe installation – Water & Sewer
- Trenching and confined space certifications
- Gain experience completing construction projects on time and on budget
- Motivated employees can be trained and promoted to Supervisors
- Class A CDL driver’s license (*)
(Varies depending on experience and skill set)
Hourly wages: $24 – $27; Annually $67,000 – $75,000
- Competitive Wages
- 5% Fringe Pay
- Annual Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- 5 Vacation days after 1 year of employment
- Uniforms after 90 days of employment